07 July 2007

Final Post From London


Bags are mostly packed and we're ready for the long journey home to New Zealand, aside from Lena of course. It's been an amazing 5 months. One of our Thai friends, risakorn, reassured me back in February when I was looking a bit worried ... "Don't worry Gavin, if you do good things, good things will happen for you". He was right. So many good things have happened.

Lena is currently on her way home from her job here in London. Once she is here we're going out to the local pub for our final meal together as a family until Lena returns to NZ at the end of October. We're all looking forward to being home. There are plenty of challenges ahead for all of us, but also many possibilities and opportunities. I've had two meetings this week with film people. The first helped me clarify what I don't want to do, which is to give my ideas and contacts away and simply be used as a consultant. The second strongly affirmed what I am doing out of myself and to keep working in that way. It was very heartening to have this said to me today. Thank you to Charlotte for being so affirmative and supportive.

It seems ironic that we'll be in mid-air when the Live Earth concert is happening tomorrow. I contacted them via their website from Europe and offered to help, I was even willing to delay my flight home. We have gathered such powerful images and voices and I was willing to share some of these. Unfortunately I've heard nothing. These things develop their own lives and we keep on doing good things in our own lives.

Out travels are almost over, but keep watching. I'll be posting updates once we're home. I don't know who has followed this site other than family and friends. I hope it has drawn in a few other people. If that is the case then please let me know who you are and share your thoughts. You can post comments here, or go to www.earthlimited.org for a contact email address.

No comments: