31 January 2007

An early birthday present


It's less than two months since we made a firm decision to undertake this journey and commit to investing in a professional digital video camera to film grassroots perspectives on climate change and adaptation in different countries. And now only a week before we leave New Zealand. There has been a lot to do in a short space of time, organising our travel itinerary and learning to use the camera gear, along with a whole lot of other things. We have a few people to thank which I will be posting about soon.

Meanwhile I owe my wife Karen a very big thankyou for her early birthday present to me. I'll be celebrating my 48th birthday in Brisbane on 9 February. My present from Karen is a Pounamu (greenstone) pendant, made by a Master carver, Matanuku, from Wairoa. Karen had to write about me and I had to write about myself and send a photo. Matanuku has produced something that is both very stunning and very sacred to me. Such an awesome way to begin our journey.

No comments: