06 February 2007

It's happening!


Less than two days before we leave ... no more reunions or birthday parties to organise. Emma is safely in Milan and very excited about being there. We've got our gear in the lounge and are packing away things in our bedrooms along with valuables and breakables, readying the house for the people who will be renting from us for the next 5 months.

It feels like serious focus time now. I've worked incredibly hard since making a clear decision with the family to embark on this journey. It's amazing what has been achieved over the last month and now we're on the edge of leaving. Lena is feeling it, not just packing for a 5 month journey but preparing to leave home.

We're looking at all our gear now, keeping ourselves to the basics with clothes, looking at the equipment etc. and gifts we've bought to share along the way. In the back of my mind I'm also thinking about the really serious side to all of this ... the focus I want to bring to things as soon as we reach Thailand. Am I prepared enough, not just in myself but also to guide Karen, Lena and Alice in supporting me? I believe so.

The interactions I've had with NZ farmers over the last 6 years have given me a lot of confidence that there is a collective voice from farmers everywhere that we all need to be hearing and some very positive stories that we need to be much more aware of. Remember to visit www.earthlimited.org for more background to my work, in case you're new to this site and are not sure what this is all about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck to you all - have a wonderful time.
With Love Charmaine, Rosalie and the rest of the Wilson clan.