06 April 2007

06-Apr-2007 18:35 (NZ time)


Hello all,

I can do the blog again after being sick, I am OK again now. Yesterday, Gavin and the girls went off in their van to go trekking - it was strange to be waving them off and staying in Kathmandu by myself for 10 days. I will join them in 10 days time, for the downward part from Jomsom.

It has been nice just to stay put and read and be still for a while, not filming, travelling or being a tourist.

Even so, I went to the Monkey Temple yesterday and walked up lots of steps and saw the beautiful white Buddhist Stupa with the big eyes painted on the side of it. I saw lots of small monkeys scampering around in the surrounding trees. The prayer flags are hung everywhere and look great fluttering .

A couple of days ago it was full moon and hundreds of people were up there at night to see and join in walking around the temple three times. As Gavin has the camera I got a small one though forgot to take it when I went up there, so we will all have to go up again,

At the bottom of the hill there are prayer wheels all around set into the wall. Lots of people walk around touching each one. There are even some gigantic ones that you can walk around and turn. Before the others went trekking, we walked to Durbar Square, to see lots of temples and I took some photos.

My internet time is running out so bye for now.

No comments: