26 April 2007

After getting to Jomsom


I saw some amazing views of the mountain peaks and ranges, donkey trains with bells jangling, villiages, and some awesome experiences, like crossing very high suspension bridges, with rushing water VERY far below us, (very scary for me who is not keen on heights). Also scrambling down steep mountain sides on narrow donkey tracks also scary for me.

Highlights were the flight to Jomsom, all the above, seeing the different villiages and talking to Tibetan women, seeing the friendly strength of the people, seeing the sunrise over the Pokhara mountain ranges and the beautiful lake and bushclad hills, the jeep, the bus ride back to Pokera, stopping at the shrineat the top of the highest point of the ranges between Pokhara and Kathmandu and seeing the bull statue and talking to the old man weaving by the shrine.

I would recommend it to anyone, even though I came back a bit earlier, myself. I know Gavin and the girls have some awesome experiences as well.

One week left in friendly Kathmandu. I love the unique Nepali art and architecture, and want to see more places. Then off to Egypt then we see Emma in Milan for 2 days (I can't wait).

No comments: