01 May 2007

The Trek by Alice


The first day trekking was very hard. As everyone knows we had all got food poisoning in Kathmandu and that was not cool. So anyway the first day was the worst for me!!

As the days went by I got used to the environment and where I was and it helped me feel better as well to think that I was following in my teachers footsteps. As the landscape changed and we got to higher altitude, we experienced swelling on all our fingers and Dad's were the worst. We began to see snowy mountains and beautiful clear blue sky.

Along the way we saw lots of donkeys with heavy loads. Going over Thorong La was totally awesome and I just remember thinking, just keep on walking, one step in front of the other and slowly but surely we reached the top. I have to say, I felt like being sick, but I didn't. Then I place a stone on the pile at the top and Dad took a photo of me and Lena placing it on there.

Then we slowly made our way down the other side. For the rest of the journey I kept at a good pace. In Jomsom we met up with Mum and it was cool to see her again. From all the time we have been trekking we met some really cool people.

Trekking in the end was definitely my highlight of this journey and there's going to be way more stuff that is going to be really cool, but trekking was definitely the first for me. Now I know I can do anything and I believe in myself more for that.

No comments: