31 May 2007

Alice - Egypt and Italy


In Egypt we had a pretty good experience. One was going to see the Pyramids which was nice for me since I did a project on them ... what I didn't like though was people asking for money all the time.

The second one was going to Sekem which I liked as well because it was amazing to think they actually built a whole school out there and to know what good they were doing. And thirdly was going out to the desert which I enjoyed a lot ... for one thing that picture that Dad took of me with the planet Venus resting on my hand and to think Dad spontaneously took it without knowing it was there is pretty awesome. And I enjoyed sleeping under the stars for the the first time with sand underneath me!!

Getting to Milan was exciting because I couldn't wait to see Emma again after 3 ½ months of not seeing each other. It was fun in Milano walking around and stuff. One of the things I am really enjoying is learning about the Renaissance and seeing some of the things Leonardo da Vinci created in all his work.

Then in Rome it was great because we got to see the Colosseum and some of the old ruins that have been there for centuries. Anyway, after Rome we got our rental car which is great and drove to where we are now which is in a lovely valley in the countryside and there's a swimming pool, haha, and it's awesome.

No comments: