31 May 2007

Emma - Italy and family


Well since about a week ago I have joined the family in Milan.. it has been different but we have all gotten used to it now. My Italian has gotten better too and Dad is getting better so we get by. After Milan we went on the plane down to Rome which was awesome seeing the Colosseum and all the Roman ruins...it was quite an experience till I got a bit of sun stroke.

Now we are in Umbria in a little valley. It is beautiful here and the people are so energetic to learn what Dad has to share. I find that people and farmers here are so much more appreciative of Dad than some in New Zealand. One lady we encountered even remarked how she was glad he existed. Last night was the first interview I have been here for and it's really interesting to listen to a farmer who has probably never been given the chance to properly speak his thoughts and concerns to talk non stop pretty much... his worries with the water in the valley and what he does... and his thoughts on climate change.

It seems that people all over the world are aware of what is happening around them but just need someone to guide them to help themselves and others do the right thing for our world. I am happy to be helping and being a whole family again though I miss my friends in New Zealand and in Lugano very much. I have met the most amazing people and I will never forget any of it.

No comments: